Each film-coated tablet contains spiramycin 1,500,000 I.U. and excipients q.s. (croscarmellose sodium, colloidal anhydrous silica, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, film coating excipient).
- Box of 3 blisters x 5 film-coated tablets (1.5 M.I.U. tablets).
Treatment of infectious diseases caused by sensitive bacteria:
- Sore throat, acute sinusitis, acute bronchitis superinfection, chronic bronchitis exacerbation.
- Acquired pneumonia.
- Mild skin infections, mouth infections.
- Genital infections which are not caused by Gonococcus.
- Preventive treatment of meningitis caused by meningococcus in case rifampicin is contra-indicated.
- Preventive treatment of acute rheumatism relapse in patients allergic to penicillin.
- Toxoplasmosis in pregnant women.
Sensitivity to spiramycin.
Spiramycin is excreted in breast milk, breast-feeding should be discontinued during therapeutic period unless prescribed.
Spiramycin may reduce the efficacy of oral contraceptives.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, skin reactions.
The physician should be informed any side effects during the treatment with NEUMOMICID.
Dosage and Administration
Adults: 4-6 tablets/day, divided into 2-3 times a day.
Children over 12 years of age: 1 tablet/10 kg/day, divided into 2-3 times a day.
Store in a dry and cool place (<25 C). Protect from light. Keep out of reach of children.
Prescription only medicine.
Read leaflet carefully before use. For more information, consult your physician